The Luther Book Shop offers student charging. Here's what this means:
- Students may charge their in-store purchases to their student account (student receivable) using their student ID card.
- All items sold in the Book Shop are eligible for charging.
- If a return of merchandise is necessary, the return will be placed back onto the student’s account.
- Charging is available August 2018 through April 30, 2019.
- Charging will be unavailable from May 1 through mid-August.
- Maximum charging amount is $500 per calendar month (regardless if balance is paid mid-month.) There is no minimum dollar amount to charge.
- Students are automatically allowed to charge up to $500 per month.
- Only permanent student ID cards may be used. Temporary cards are not valid.
- my.luther.edu shows the student's statement of account, where a weekly sum of Book Shop charges is listed. A week is considered Friday-Thursday.
- Because charge purchases are posted to the student’s account, all account balance emails, payment method, and payment deadlines are determined by Financial Services. All payments are made through OFS.
- norsecard.luther.edu can be accessed by the student and shows the individual transaction amounts (not itemized) along with transaction date.