FALL 2023 TEXTBOOKS
Textbooks for the fall 2023 semester are now available to purchase or rent from this website Advantages of ordering your texbooks online through the Luther Book Shop are:
- Assurance you are ordering the correct textbooks for you classes
- Getting early access to used books at discounted rates, saving you money
- Knowing you are prepared for your classes when you arrive on campus
- Proceeds stay on campus to benefit our community
INCOMING 2023 FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
- To find the textbooks you need, first search for your registered courses by going to norsehub.edu/academics>studentplanning-plan+schedule.
- Once you have your course list, go to lutherbookshop.com, under the Menu click on Course Materials and then Buy/Rent Textbooks. Shop under the comparison site OR Bookstore only. Then search by term, Fall 2023, then department, course and section number.
- Once you've entered your courses, follow the prompts.
- Make your selections on the choices offered.
- For Paideia 111D, be sure to select your section number as course materials may differ depending on your section.
- Not all, but many books are available to rent.
- By renting, you are paying the rental cost, using the book for the entire semester and then bringing the books back to the Book Shop at the end of the term.
- A rental is less expensive to purchase, saving you money.
- Rental books may be used just as you would a purchased book, including highlighting.
- Rental books are non-refundable unless you drop the class.
- Not sure if you wanto rent or purchase? It is possible to purchase a rented book and just pay the difference if done by Frioday, September 8.
- If you purchased a book and decide you want to rent, instead, you have until Friday, September 1 to make the switch.
- Rental books must be returned to the Book Shop by Thursday, December 14.
Like with all books, there must be no water or page damage.
INCLUSIVE ACCESS BOOKS
- Courses for BIO 115, CHEM 361, EDU 220 and POL 132 offer an Inclusive
Students are automatically enrolled for this online text, available through Katie, and are billed on your student account.
- Physical copies are offered as an option if that is preferred.
- You have until Friday, September 8 to opt out of the online access, but you are responsible for obtaining a substitute text.
- You will receive more information/emails near the start of the semester.
- Inclusive Access titles are accessible on our before the first day of class.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING TEXTBOOKS:
IMPERATIVE: Both the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses must be in the student's name, NOT the parent's name, no matter what debit/credit card is being used. Student's first and last name must be used. If you already have an account, double check this information and make any changes. Login and go to MY ACCOUNT. If you are placing your first order on our site, you must create a new account. You may choose your own password.
- A credit/debit card is the only option for online ordering.
- Your correct email is imperative. All correspondences are via email. If we email you, it is regarding an important issue with your order that needs a prompt response from you before we process your order. To prevent delays, please watch for and respond to any emails.
- Within two hours of ordering you will receive an order confirmation. Watch for this email and review your order.
- When ordering, if you see the message "to be determined," books are currently not available. Please check back.
- Some courses have important information regarding the selections listed. Please read any notes, carefully.
- Some courses may offer several options on a single title. Please choose only one option per title.
- To be certain you have all materials needed for classes, we strongly urge you to purchase early so books arrive for you on time.
- When checking out, please select "pick up in store." Your books will be available to pick up when you arrive on campus during the times listed befow.
Now you're ready to order your books! There are two options for
1) Comparison site (You can purchase from the Book Shop and/or other online vendors.)
2) Bookstore only (No extra shipping fees and no delivery charges.)
Book orders should be picked up in the Book Shop
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER.
- Friday, September 1 - Last day to return books for a refund. Must have a receipt
- Friday, September 8 - Last day to return books for a refund from a dropped class or last day to exchange a rented book for a purchase. Must have receipt.
Textbook information is as up to date as possible based on information provided to us by faculty and price quotes from publishers. Please note that because textbook information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes, etc.) we are not responsible for information from this site for the purchase of textbooks from other sources. Students purchasing course materials from the Luther Book Shop site are protected under the store's return policies.
The Book Shop is owned and operated by Luther College and all proceeds stay on campus to support our Luther community.