FALL 2021 TEXTBOOK ORDERING
Books are still available to order from this website or in the Book Shop.
Contact us at email@example.com
if you have any questions.
ACCESSING YOUR COURSE INFORMATION
- To find the textbooks you need, first search for your registered courses by going to norsehub.luther.edu>academics>student planning>plan and schedule.
- Once you have your course list, scroll down on this page to shopping options and select Comparison Shopping OR Bookstore only. Then search by term (fall 2021) then department, course and section number using the information from norsehub.
- Once you've entered the courses, follow the instructions on the site.
- You can make your selections on the choices offered.
- For Paideia 111D you will need to purchase the titles listed under your section number. The summer reading book is also listed. If you have already received your summer reading book, The Vanishing Half, do not order it, again. If you still need to order the book, we will need to mail it to you so that you will be able to read it before classes begin. If you would like the summer read mailed, state this in the comment area (special instructions) during checkout.
- Not all, but many, books are avilable to rent
- By renting, you are paying the rental cost, using the book for the entire semester, and bringing the book back to the Book Shop no later than Thursday, December 16 at 4:45 p.m.
- A rental is less expensive than to purchase, saving you money.
- Rental books may be used just as you would a purchased book, including highlighting, however, no permanent damage will be accepted upon return of the book.
- Rental book costs are non-refundable unless you drop the class.
- Don't know if you want to rent or purchase? It is possible to purchase a rented book and just pay the difference if done by Friday, September 10.
- If you purchased a book and then decide you want to rent, you have until Friday, September 3 to make the switch. You will receive arefund for the price difference.
- Rental books must be returned to the Book Shop no later than the designated date at the end of the term.
Some requests may include digital options. If selecting that option, please
note these titles may include "rental" periods. Most digital options are not
available permanently. You will be contacted by Vital Source on how to access
the digital title. A digital title will replace a physical copy. You do NOT need
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING TEXTBOOKS:
IMPERATIVE: Both the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses must be in the student's name NOT the parent's name, no matter what debit/credit card is being used. Your first and last name must be used. If you already have an account, double check this information and make any changes. Login and go to My Account. If you are placing your first order on our site, you must create a new account. You may choose your own password.
- A credit/debit card is the only option for online ordering.
- Your correct email is imperative. All correspondences are via email. If we email you, it is regarding an important issue with your order that needs a prompt response from you before we process your order. To prevent delays, please watch for and respond to any emails.
- Within two hours of ordering you will receive an email confirmation. Watch for this email and review your order.
- When ordering, if you see the message "to be determined" books are currently not available. Please check back.
- Some courses have important information regarding the selections listed. Please read any notes, carefully.
- To be certain you have all materials needed for classes, we strongly urge you to purchase early so books arrive for you in time.
- When checking out please select "PICK UP IN STORE." No books, other than the summer reading books, will be shipped to your home. Books can be picked up in the Mott/Borlaug rooms during the designated times listed below.
Now you're ready to order your books! There are two options:
1) Comparison site (You can purchase from the Book Shop and/or other online
2) Bookstore only site (No shipping or delivery fees)
Textbook information is as up to date as possible based on information provided to us by faculty and price quotes from publishers. Please note that because textbook information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes, etc.) we are not responsible for information from this site for the purchase of textbooks from other sources. Students purchasing course materials from the Luther Book Shop site are protected under the store's return policies.
The Book Shop is owned and operated by Luther College and all proceeds stay on campus to support our Luther community.