FALL TERM TEXTBOOKS
Textbooks for the fall 2022 term are available to purchase on this website. A comparison page can be viewed, as well. Please read all information on this page before placing your order. Advantages of ordering your textbooks online through the Luther Book Shop are:
- Assurance you are ordering the correct textbooks for your classes
- Getting early access to used books at discounted rates, saving you money
- Knowing you are prepared for your classes when you arrive on campus
- All proceeds stay on campus to benefit our Luther community.
INCOMING 2022 FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
- To find the textbooks you need, first search for your registered courses by going to Norsehub. Click on academics > student planning > plan+schedule.
- Once you have your course list, go to this website. Shop under the Comparison Shopping OR Bookstore Only. Then search by term (Fall 2022) then department, course and section number.
- Once you've entered the courses follow the prompts.
- For Paideia 111D, be sure to select your section number. You should have already received your summer reading book but If you still need A Line Becomes a River, please contact the Book Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not all, but many books are available to rent.
- By renting, you are paying the rental cost, using the book for the entire semester and then bringing the books back to the Book Shop at the end of the term.
- A rental is less expensive to purchase, saving you money.
- Rental books may be used just as you would a purchased book, including highlighting.
- Rental books are non-refundable unless you drop the class.
- Not sure if you want to rent or purchase? It is possible to purchase a rented book and just pay the difference if done by Friday, September 9.
- If you purchased a book and decide you want to rent, you have until Friday, September 2 to make the switch.
- Rental books must be returned to the Book Shop by Thursday, December 15. Like with all books, there must be no water or page damage.
INCLUSIVE ACCESS BOOKS
- Courses for Bio 115, Chem 344 and Chem 361 offer an Inclusive Access Title
- Students are automatically enrolled for this online text, available on Katie, and are billed on your student account.
- Physical copies of the text are offered as an option if that is preferred.
- You have until Friday, September 9 to opt out of the online access, but you are responsible for obtaining a substitute text
- You will receive more information/emails near the start of the semester
- Inclusive Access titles are accessible on or before the first day of class.
- All proceeds stay on campus to support the Luther community.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING TEXTBOOKS:
IMPERATIVE: Both the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses must be in the student's name, NOT the parent's name, no matter what debit/credit card is being used. The student's first and last name must be used. If you already have an account, double check this information and make any changes. Login and go to MY ACCOUNT. If you are placing your first order on our site, you must create a new account. You may choose your own password.
- A credit/debit card is the only option for online ordering.
- Your correct email is imperative. All correspondences are via emai. If we email you, it is regarding an important issue with your order that needs a prompt response from you before we process your order. To prevent delays, please watch for and respond to any emails.
- Within two hours of ordering you will receive an order confirmation. Watch for this email and review your order.
- When ordering, if you see the message "to be determined" books are currently not available. Please check back.
- Some courses have important information regarding the selections listed. Please read any notes, carefully.
- Some courses may offer several options on a single title.They will be listed as choose one. Please choose only one option per title.
- To be certain you have all materials needed for classes, we strongly urge you to purchase early so books arrive for you on time.
- When checking out, please select "pick up in store." Sorry, textbooks will not be shipped. Your books will be available to pick up when you arrive on campus during the times listed below.
Now you're ready to order your books! There are two options:
1) Comparison site. ( You can purchase from the Book Shop and/or other online
2) Bookstore only site ( No extra shipping fees and no delivery charges.)
- July 15 - Order online beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- August 15 - Books will be available to purchase IN the Book Shop
- August 25 - 31 - Books may be picked up in the Mott/Borlaug rooms during
the following time
Thursday and Friday, August 25 and 26 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 27 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 28 from 11:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday and Tuesday, August 29 and 30 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 31 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
After these times books can be picked up IN the Book Shop
- September 2 - Last day to return books for a refund and last day to rent a book that was previously purchased.
- September 9 - Last day to return a book for a refund, only for a dropped class and last day to purchase a previously rented book.
- December 15 - Last day to return rented books to the Book Shop.
Textbook information is as up to date as possible based on information provided to us by faculty and price quotes from publishers. Please note that because textbook information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes, etc.) we are not responsible for information from this site for the purchase of textbooks from other sources. Students purchasing course materials from the Luther Book Shop site are protected under the store's return policies.
The Book Shop is owned and operated by Luther College and all proceeds stay on campus to support our Luther community.